Trails-end Popcorn Sale is the key fundraising program offered through the Council that provides fun to Scouts who experience the satisfaction of making and achieving their sales goal. Top sellers earn great prizes and other recognition, including a Popcorn Party at the end of the season for top sellers. In addition, the campaign provides funds for Scouting operations through the year, with over 70% of sales going toward local programs.
If you’re unit is new to popcorn fundraising, the first step is to designate a unit “Popcorn Kernel” who should plan to attend the popcorn training held in August in each District. All Units (New and Returning) need to register online. Registration is done online on the Trail’s End website: http://bit.ly/2017gtbacpopcorn If you register online by June 30th, your unit will receive a FREE drone to use as a special give away during the Popcorn Sale. Check out this Flyer for more details! DroneProgram2017
For more information, contact Ralph Snyder, Council Kernel, by email or phone, 813-872-2691 ext. 133.
2017 Key Dates
For those units participating in our annual 2017 Popcorn Campaign, please take note of the following important dates.
- August: District Popcorn Trainings – Dates out by late Spring 2017
- Sept. 15: Show and Sale Orders Due
- Oct. 7: Show and Sale Pick Up
- Oct. 27: Take Orders Due
- Nov. 11: Take Order Pick Up
- Dec. 8: Popcorn Payments Due
- Units in Hillborough and eastern Pasco counties: McDonald’s Distribution Center, 5621 E. Powhatan, Tampa, FL 33610
- Units in Sumter, Hernando and Citrus counties: Taylor Rental, 8081 W. Gulf to Lake Hwy., Crystal River, FL 34429
- Units in Polk, Highlands and Hardee counties: Saddle Creek Corporation, 3010 Saddle Creek Dr., Lakeland, FL 33801
- Units in Pinellas and western Pasco counties: Valpak, One Valpak Ave. N., St. Petersburg, FL 33716
Pick up times are from 7 to 9 a.m. at all locations for both Show and Sale and Take Orders.
- Drone Program 2017 Flyer (.pdf file)
- Trails End Smartphone App Info Sheet (.pdf file)
- Smartphone App—Set Up Instructions (.pdf file)
- Smartphone App—Scout Instructions (.pdf file)