Born in 1965, near beautiful Cypress Gardens now Legoland, Flaming Arrow Scout Reservation is located near the national landmark, Bok Tower at 1201 Boy Scout Road in Lake Wales, Florida. The 677-acre camp is known for pristine wilderness and three clear spring-fed, natural lakes. It has hosted troops from Columbia, South America, Scotland, Norway and others from across the country. It is the home to year-round programs available to Cub Scouts, Scouts, Venturers, Sea Scouts, Girl Scouts, JROTC cadets, religious groups, police search and rescue dive teams, sheriff rifle teams, and other groups that look to enjoy the facilities at the camp. Camp staff include members of Venturing Crew 1201, previous JROTC cadets, Eagle Scouts, and Order of the Arrow members.
About the Camp
- 15 campsites, 3 with adirondacks, 11 with permanent cabin-style tents
- Wood Hall: Dining hall, training and meetings
- Jenkins Lodge: Training and meetings
- Saunders Hall
- Bunkhouses in staff city, Lakeside, and Jenkins Lodge
- Trading post (open during large events)
- Council ring
- Three lakes support fishing, swimming, canoeing, sailing, motorboating, rowing, water skiing
- Climbing tower and rappelling tower
- Shooting sports ranges for shotgun, rifle, and archery
- Handicraft area
- Ecology lodge
- Volleyball, softball
Reserving the Camp
To make a reservation, please contact Angelique Saffore, Council Business Manager, by Angelique.Saffore@scouting.org or phone, (813) 872-2691 ext. 103 -OR- Ralph Snyder, Assistant Director of Field Service, Ralph.Snyder@scouting.org or phone (813) 810-4195.
Staying at Flaming Arrow this weekend? Campmaster staff is on hand to assist your unit. The dedicated phone number to reach the Campmaster is (863) 605-7821. This number is available from Friday at 6pm until the last group leaves on Sunday.
Camp entrance is at 1201 Boy Scout Camp Road, Lake Wales, FL 33898.