Born in 1965, near beautiful Cypress Gardens now Legoland, Flaming Arrow Scout Reservation is located near the national landmark, Bok Tower at 1201 Boy Scout Road in Lake Wales, Florida. The camp is known for pristine wilderness and three clear spring-fed, natural lakes. It has hosted troops from Columbia, South America, Scotland, Norway and others from the rest of the Nation. It is the home to year-round programs available to JROTC cadets, Venturing Scouts, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Religious groups, Police Search and Rescue Dive Teams, Sheriff Rifle Teams and any other group that look to enjoy the facilities at the camp. Camp Staff include members of the Venturing Crew 1201, previous JROTC Cadets, Eagle Scouts, and Order of the Arrow members.
About the Camp
- 15 campsites, 3 with adirondacks, 11 with permanent cabin-style tents
- Wood Hall: Dining hall, training and meetings
- Jenkins Lodge: Training and meetings
- Saunders Hall
- Bunkhouses in staff city, Lakeside, and Jenkins Lodge
- Trading post (open during large events)
- Council ring
- Three lakes support fishing, swimming, canoeing, sailing, motorboating, rowing, water skiing
- Climbing tower and rappelling tower
- Shooting sports ranges for shotgun, rifle, and archery
- Handicraft area
- Ecology lodge
- Volleyball, softball
Reserving the Camp
To make a reservation, please contact Angelique Saffore, Council Business Manager, by Angelique.Saffore@scouting.org or phone, (813) 872-2691 ext. 103 -OR- Matt Anderson, Program Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (931) 703-3993
Staying at Flaming Arrow this weekend? Campmaster staff is on hand to assist your unit. The dedicated phone number to reach the Campmaster is 863-605-7821. This number is available from Friday at 6pm until the last group leaves on Sunday.
Camp entrance is at 1201 Boy Scout Camp Road, Lake Wales, FL 33898.