Born in 1965 near beautiful Cypress Gardens (now Legoland), Flaming Arrow Scout Reservation is located near national landmark Bok Tower at 1201 Boy Scout Road in Lake Wales, Florida. The 677-acre camp is known for pristine wilderness and three clear spring-fed, natural lakes. It has hosted troops from Columbia, South America, Scotland, Norway, and others from across the country. It is the home to year-round programs available to Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturers, Sea Scouts, Girl Scouts, JROTC cadets, religious groups, police search and rescue dive teams, sheriff rifle teams, and other groups that look to enjoy the facilities at the camp. Camp staff includes GTBAC Scouts, previous JROTC cadets, Eagle Scouts, and Order of the Arrow members.
About the Camp
Flaming Arrow is the home of the council’s resident camp programs.
- Summer Camp Express – June
- Webelos Resident Camp – June
- Winter Camp – December
- 15 campsites, 3 with adirondacks, 11 with permanent cabin-style tents
- Wood Hall: Dining hall, training and meetings
- Jenkins Lodge: Training and meetings
- Saunders Hall
- Bunkhouses in staff city, Lakeside, and Jenkins Lodge
- Trading post (open during large events)
- Council ring
- Three lakes support fishing, swimming, canoeing, sailing, motorboating, rowing, water skiing
- Climbing tower and rappelling tower
- Shooting sports ranges for shotgun, rifle, and archery
- Handicraft area
- Ecology lodge
- Volleyball, softball
Make a Reservation
For BSA Units looking to reserve Flaming Arrow, please use our online reservation system. For NON BSA groups, please contact email@example.com.
Camp entrance is at 1201 Boy Scout Camp Road, Lake Wales, FL 33898.
Street Address - Entrance Gate
1201 Boy Scout Road Lake Wales, FL 33898
GPS Coordinates - Main Gate