The Miccosukee District serves all units from 54th Avenue North in Pinellas County and northward to the Pinellas/Pasco County line. 

2019 Miccosukee District
Volunteer Recognition Banquet 

The 2019 Miccosukee District Recognition Banquet is around the corner! Be sure to Join your fellow Scouters to recognize the people who made the last year so successful for your units and our District. The event is at 6:30 pm on Saturday, April 6th, 2019 @ Camp Soule. Nomination forms and the registration can be found at Make a Night of it! Invite your whole unit! 

Award Nomination Forms: (Deadline March 15th)

District Award of Merit – Presented to volunteers who provide exceptional service to the Miccouskee District. This award is picked by a selection committee from nomination forms submitted by their peers.  Here is the nomination form link:

Unit Based Adult Leader Training Recognition Awards – These awards are presented to leaders who complete the listed requirements.  There is an award available for each registered position (Den Leader, Cub Master, Scoutmaster, Committee Member, District Committee Member, etc).  The requirements can be found at this link:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2019 Summer Camp

Summer Camp will be held at Camp Soule during the weeks of June 3-7 & June 10-14.

Cub Scout Day Camp or Twilight Camp is an accredited, organized, one- to five-day program for Cub Scouts. Using trained leadership at an approved site, these camps are held during daylight or early evening hours, but not overnight. It is a great opportunity for your son or daughter to enjoy several fun-filled days with his fellow Scouts at one of our nearby Cub Scout camps and/or local parks or churches. Day Camp is held during the morning and through the early afternoon. Twilight Camp is held in the early evening hours. Our Scouts will enjoy tried and true camp favorites such as BBs, Archery, Cooking, Sports, STEM, leadership, Scout Skills, hiking, and more. For more information, CLICK HERE *Ask about 5-day Volunteer Discounts!

Registration is now OPEN @ 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2019 Miccosukee District
Pinewood Derby

It’s Official! Our Pinewood Derby will be April 13th 2019 @ Camp Soule! Registration Page will be up soon! This year we will hold 2 races. Registration is NOT open yet.

Race #1 – Official District Derby (Main Race) – $7.00 Per Car
To qualify for this race, your car must have won 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in your den (Lion, Tiger, Wolf, Bear, Webelos, Arrow of Light) in your official 2019 Pack Pinewood Derby. Each car will be $7.00. This race is limited to only scouts in the Miccouskee District.

Race #2 – Family and Friends Fun Run! (Open Race) – $5.00 Per Car
After the official District Derby, we will run a Fun Run Derby. The fun run is open to anyone who pre-registers. Have an old car you want to race? Bring it! The rules will not be as strict as the official derby, but cars should comply with the BSA Rules located in the box, and here. Past Derby Cars, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Adults, and Sibling Cars are allowed to race during this race. Each car will be $5.00 – This race is open to ANYONE.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2019 Scout Spectacular …with the Threshers

SAVE THE DATE !! – Saturday, July 13, 2019!! – Each summer, the Clearwater Threshers minor league baseball team sponsors SCOUT SPECTACULAR, during and before a Saturday evening game – Saturday, July 13 this year. The stadium concourses and berms are jam-packed with Scout related adventure displays, as well as games and activities for Scout of all ages. This is an exciting celebration of all things “Scouting!” Typically a Fireworks Extravaganza occurs upon game conclusion.

Ticket and event details will follow soon.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2019 WebelORee @ Camp Soule

SAVE THE DATE !! – November 1-3, 2019. This year it’s Back to Basic (Training). The WebelORee is a fun-filled weekend for Webelos Scouts to earn their activity badges while being immersed in a Boy Scout program setting! They will see and learn about the Boy Scout program and get to work on a variety of different activity badges. As a Webelos event, one adult leader for every four Scouts and a minimum of two adults are required. If your pack is not attending, Scouts can come with their parent or you can team up with another unit. Activities are done on a patrol basis, to mirror the organization of Boy Scout troops. This provides Webelos Scouts with an understanding of how Scouting will change for them once they cross over from pack to troop. Registration is NOT open yet.

This is another “Dazed & Confused” Production

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Council Events Calendar

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

New Scouts BSA All Girls Troop 135

Located in Clearwater, Florida

Troop 135 is the districts only all-female Scouts BSA Troop in our District. To learn more about this unit, please contact Jamie Bennett at 559-824-5002 or send an email to Want to learn more about what it takes to start a Scouts BSA Troop? If so, please visit and visit the FAQ at This Link.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Volunteer with a Purpose
Become a Unit Commissioner 

Make an IMPACT statement by working with a unit (Unit = Pack, Troop or Crew) on being the behind the scene leadership on building youth with Character.

Bring your life experiences, education, and perspective, and in return, you will have an opportunity to combine those skills and experiences in a career that values and respects others.  Since 1910, the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) has helped change lives and build future leaders of this country by combining educational and outdoor adventure activities with lifelong value and fun.  While the BSA has a major focus on the development of young men, the BSA also has co-educational programs, such as Venturing, available to both young men and young women.

  • Bring your experiences to our district as a Unit Commissioner. The Commissioners mission is to keep Units operating at maximum efficiency so they can deliver a quality program to a growing membership. The Commissioners role is to develop strength within the Unit by providing program resources and acting as the liaison between the Unit and the District and Council. This helps Units provide the best possible Scouting program, which ultimately helps assure that individual Scouts have the best opportunity to achieve their best.
  • CEO, CFO, Parent, Retired Professional, Baker, Indian Chief, Eagle Scouts, Worker-Bee alike – all of you can be a commissioner.

If you are interested and want to learn more, please let the District Commissioner, Charles Love know. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Meeting Schedule

District Roundtable Meetings are held at 7:00 PM on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at Camp Soule, 2201 Soule Road, Clearwater, Florida.

District Committee Meetings are held at 7:00 PM on the 1st Wednesday at Camp Soule, 2201 Soule Road, Clearwater. Florida.

District Commissioner Meetings are held at 7:00 PM on the 4th Wednesday at either First Lutheran Church, 1644 Nursery Road, Clearwater, Florida, or are held online.  Contact the District Commissioner for information regarding online meetings.

Order of the Arrow, Osceola Chapter Meetings are generally held in conjunction with District Roundtable Meetings at 7:00 PM on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at Camp Soule, 2201 Soule Road, Clearwater, Florida.  Any future activity meetings held at a different date or location will be announced during chapter meetings.  See Uh-To-Yeh-Hut-Tee Lodge for information on the lodge schedule and events.


What is Roundtable For?
Roundtable is a form of commissioner service and supplemental training for volunteers at the unit level. The objectives of Roundtables are to provide leaders with program ideas, information on policy and events, and training opportunities.

What is the District Committee Meeting For?
The entire district committee, chaired by the district chair, meets on a regularly scheduled date, usually monthly. The purpose of district meetings is to build momentum, provide group continuity, ensure good coordination, and make specific assignments to committee members. The district commissioner reports on the special needs of units and requests the help of operating committees to meet those needs.

What is the District Commissioner Meeting For?
Commissioner Service is the group within the Boy Scouts of America that provides direct service to each Scouting unit (pack, troop, team, crew or ship). Commissioners are experienced Scouters who help chartered organizations and unit leaders to achieve the aims of Scouting by using the methods of Scouting. They help to ensure that each unit has strong leadership and they encourage training, promote the use of the unit committee and encourage a relationship with the chartering organization.

Looking for a specific leader training? If so, please reach out to Steve Tincher (727) 804-8692 to see what options are available.

District Key 3

District Volunteers

If any of this is incorrect, please let Charles Love know! 

District Professionals

Other Links To Know!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

New District Executive

Miccosukee District’s new District Executive was introduced at the October 2018 District Committee meeting.

Ryan Cooper was born in St. Petersburg, Florida.  He recently graduated from Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University with a B.S. in Business Administration, concentrating in Marketing. His hobbies include outdoor activities, football, and baseball. He’s the father of little girl, Skylar, and is looking to make a life long impression on kids and families that he’ll be serving!  Ryan has a history of involvement with other youth organizations outside of Scouting.

You can meet Ryan at upcoming district events and meetings.  Ryan is a welcome addition to the Miccosukee Key 3.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

OA Unit Elections

Once each calendar year a troop or team may conduct an election within their unit to select scouts (up to age 21) and nominate adults for membership in the Order of the Arrow. In order to be eligible for election, a Scout must have:

  1. achieved the rank of First Class
  2. participated in 15 days/nights of camping in the past 2 years (must include but may only count one long term resident camp under the auspices of the BSA)
  3. the recommendation of their Scoutmaster

Click here to request an election for your unit!

If you have any questions, please contact Chris Schwab (727) 278-4705 or Travis Baldwin (813) 999 5841

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Have questions or feedback about this page? Last updated February 19, 2019

Please contact the page authors with your feedback:

Ralph Snyder

Director of Support Service


Charles Love