The program areas of our camps are available for use by Scouting units. These areas may be reserved through our camp reservation system. The Greater Tampa Bay Area Council requires that all units using our properties follow all BSA National requirements (Guide to Safe Scouting, NCAP guidelines, Safety Afloat, etc) as well as all State and Local requirements. Below are consolidated requirements for a unit (Pack, Troop, Crew, Post, Ship) to utilize these areas from the above sources. This only covers unit usage at GTBAC camp properties. District and Council events may have additional requirements. Work with the Scouting Professional who is your Staff Advisor to book council camps.
Getting a Program Instructor for a Unit Function
If your unit does not have the qualified instructors to open a program area, your unit has the following options:
- Have your unit leaders get trained. Find out about upcoming training dates here.
- Each program area offers training at least once a year.
- You can get trained at another council (remember to get your card)
- Contact the appropriate program committee chair and request an instructor.
- Sign up for a Council Activity Day and let us take care of the scheduling. You can even camp for the weekend. See the online calendar for dates.