The Greater Tampa Bay Area Council is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
District Executive position
The Greater Tampa Bay Area Council, Boy Scouts of America has an immediate opening for Entry Level Executive Staff positions, aka District Executives. Specifically, positions are available in the following locations: Tampa/West Hillsborough, Pasco, Lakeland/West Polk, and St Pete/South Pinellas.
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that helping youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
Today’s professional Scouters are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work that makes a difference, work that calls one to continual learning and challenge, work that offers solid compensation, benefits and advancement.
There are opportunities for advancement and career growth in these positions. Responsibilities include fundraising, recruiting, volunteer management, customer service, marketing, public relations and more. Candidates must meet the minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s Degree, possess good communication skills, an outgoing personality, and be willing to live and work in the territory they might be selected for. Salary is $45,000 per year, with an outstanding benefits package including major medical, paid time off, mileage reimbursement for business specific travel and more.
To join a fun, action-oriented work environment; send your resume with cover letter to: District Executive Staff Position, Greater Tampa Bay Area Council, 13228 N. Central Ave., Tampa, FL 33612 or forward electronically to Alex.Behrend@scouting.org.
- $45,000 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Occasional Weekends
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Multiple locations available:
- Tampa/West Hillsborough County
- St Petersburg/South Pinellas County
- Pasco County
- Lakeland/West Polk County
- On the road
- Community appointments prevalent
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
- United States citizenship or declared intention to become a U.S. citizen.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
- Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to two weeks.
- A Scouting background is helpful but not required for employment.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.