Coronavirus Update October 2021
Greater Tampa Bay Area Council
Boy Scouts of America
Roadmap to Program Resumption
Update # 14

The Council COVID-19 Response Committee met virtually again on October 6, 2021. The Committee, after reviewing all available information decided not to change existing protocols at this time.

As a reminder, these are the current policies:

  1. Indoor masking remains mandatory for all Council and District events.
  2. It is strongly recommended that all upcoming Council and Districts events be conducted outdoors to the maximum extent possible.
  3. That all individuals who intend to participate in a Council or District event who think or know they have had COVID-19 and had symptoms not participate in that event
    1. Until 10 days since symptoms first appeared, and
    2. Until 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and
    3. Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving*

*Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation.

 NOTE:  There is no need to take and record temperatures while entering a Council or District event.

The Committee understands that our policies may conflict with those of other organizations-both governmental and non-governmental.  This variance was seriously considered; however, safety concerns were deemed paramount.

The Committee continues to monitor the current situation daily and will reconsider existing guidelines at its November 2021 meeting.  Until then it is important to note our Roadmap forward remains fluid and subject to change dependent upon exigent circumstances.  As always, we will provide updates as they occur.

Please be assured that the safety of all our Scouting Family is our primary concern.

Please note that the GTBAC Participant Documents have been updated to remove all references to temperature checks.  All other parts of the form remain the same.