Coronavirus Update November 2021
Greater Tampa Bay Area Council
Boy Scouts of America
Roadmap to Program Resumption
Update # 15

The Council COVID-19 Response Committee met virtually again on November 18,  2021. The Committee, after reviewing all available information decided to make the following changes to the existing protocols described below.

  1. Effective December 1, 2021 mandatory indoor masking will be suspended for all Council or District adult, Scouts BSA, Venturing, and Sea Scout activities. Mandatory masking will remain in effect for all participants in Council and District Cub Scout and Webelos events.
  2. Recognizing that children 5-11 years old have had a limited window to complete COVID-19 vaccination at this time, mandatory masking will remain in effect for all participants in Council and District Cub Scout and Webelos events.
  3. It is strongly recommended that all upcoming Council and Districts events be conducted outdoors to the maximum extent possible.
  4. It is strongly encouraged that all participants in any Council and District event mask voluntarily.
  5. All participants In Council or District events will still be required to complete and sign the Council Pre-Event Medical Screening and Hold Harmless Agreement. There is no need to take and record temperatures while entering a Council and District event and/or property.
  6. That all individuals who intend to participate in a Council or District event who think or know they have had COVID-19 and had symptoms not participate in that event
    1. Until 10 days since symptoms first appeared, and
    2. Until 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and
    3. Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving*

*Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation.

The Committee understands that our policies may conflict with those of other organizations-both governmental and non-governmental.  This variance was seriously considered; however, safety concerns were deemed paramount.

The Committee continues to monitor the current situation daily and will reconsider existing guidelines at its December 2021 meeting.  Until then it is important to note our Roadmap forward remains fluid and subject to change dependent upon exigent circumstances.  As always, we will provide updates as they occur.

Please be assured that the safety of all our Scouting Family is our primary concern.