Scouting means more than just camping and hiking. Scouting serves as a moral compass for our youth. It helps them develop strong values and the ability to face every situation they may encounter in life. Your gift to the annual Friends of Scouting campaign enables the Council to continue providing an outstanding program to 31,000 youth in the nine counties included in the Greater Tampa Bay Area Council. Through your support, our children, families, and communities are stronger and better prepared for the future.
Levels of Giving – Every gift helps, regardless of amount!
Golden Eagle $1,000 or more
President’s Club $2,500 or more
The Council’s annual operating budget for 2017 is $4.4 million. Friends of Scouting is the single largest source of income. More than 80% of all revenue generated goes directly to program support or organizing and servicing units and providing facilities and programs for the benefit of our Scouts. Friends Of Scouting is the most critical component of the Council’s annual budget.
Click HERE if you would like to make a pledge or a payment on an existing pledge.
For more information contact Nina Wolfson, Fundraising Assistant, at the Tampa Service Center, by email or phone, (813) 872-2691 ext. 109.
Does your company offer a matching gift program? Many companies will make contributions to a not-for-profit organization as a match for employee volunteer hours or financial support. Ask your Human Resources Department today! It’s a great way to double or even triple your gift to Scouting.
2018 Friends of Scouting
To make 2018 our most productive campaign yet, volunteers and professionals will come together on Saturday, November 4, 2017 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am at the Konica Minolta Business Solutions office at 1410 N Westshore Blvd., Suite 100, Tampa, 33607. This is a working event to discuss substantial changes to the 2018 Family Friends of Scouting campaign. The agenda includes District Presentation Team training, presentation scheduling, and the logistics of presentation replenishment and pledge submissions and more.
PLEASE SHARE THIS, WITHIN YOUR DISTRICT, WITH EVERYONE WHO CAN POSITIVELY IMPACT OUR EFFORTS!
If you are from the Fort Brooke, Lake Region, Miccosukee, Skyway, Suncoast, Thunderbird, Timucua, or Withlacoochee district and hold one (or more) of the following positions, we need you at this meeting!
District FOS Chair
District Finance Chair
Past unit level Family Friends of Scouting (FFOS) presenters
Prospective unit level Family Friends of Scouting presenters
We will also discuss:
1) a consistent approach in all districts, with a clear and transparent message about how Friends of Scouting dollars are utilized in our Council
2) a robust and committed team of Family Friends of Scouting unit presenters in every district
3) presentation (including a new video, brochures and pledge cards) and recognition (stickers, patches, Council Shoulder Patches, and hats) materials
4) multiple communications platforms (GTBAC webpage, closed Facebook group) to facilitate information sharing and presentation coordination
5) innovative Family FOS fundraising outside of the traditional unit presentation format (events, unit car washes, Soaring Eagle recognition, etc.)
Input from all our districts is needed! We encourage you to bring your best practices, ideas for improvement, and enthusiasm for the upcoming campaign.
Please contact Chris Ragusa at (614) 940-9291 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Benefits of a Friends of Scouting presentation to your unit:
- 2018 FOS shoulder strip for those who contribute at the family level of $234
- Fulfilling a requirement to achieve the 2018 or 2019 Outstanding Unit Award
Outstanding Unit Award
What is the Outstanding Unit Award? It is the Council’s recognition award for those units that distinguish themselves with Friends of Scouting support, on-time rechartering and ensuring that 80% or more of their adult leaders are fully trained. Here are the requirements to earn the 2018 Outstanding Unit Award:
- Submit your completed 2018 Unit Recharter and Scouting’s Journey to Excellence scorecard by Dec. 31, 2017.
- Achieve at least 80% of unit leaders as Trained at the time of submission of your 2018 Unit Recharter according to the MyScouting training database.
- Schedule a Family Friends of Scouting presentation for your unit prior to submission of your Unit Recharter. Presentations will occur between Jan. 1 and March 31, 2018.
Your unit will then receive the 2018 Outstanding Unit Award, which entitles you to receive a 15% discount* on all fees (adult and youth) for all Council and unit-level program activities at any Greater Tampa Bay Area Council camp throughout 2018.
* The Outstanding Unit discount is available for unit members as event participants only, not event staff participants.
* The Discount applies only when registering and participating as a unit at Council Program events and for Unit Level camp usage fees at Greater Tampa Bay Area Council camps.
* The Discount applies to all registration fees for unit-participating adults, youth and siblings, but not to any program fees or equipment rental fees.
* Units registering late for an event do not qualify for the Discount.
* Contact Greater Tampa Bay Area Council Training Chair, Earl Richardson, by email or phone (813) 677-6806, for more information.
|A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE (800-435-7352) OR VISITING WWW.FLORIDACONSUMERHELP.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.|