All Things Eagle…
Here is the latest information from BSA National regarding the Coronavirus and its impact on Advancement:
• Click here for a video on How to conduct a board of review through videoconferencing.
The Eagle rank takes years of hard work and dedication by Scouts. The following links provide help throughout this process.
Eagle Scout Candidates
Download the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook – Choose PC or Mac version.
Download the Eagle Scout Rank Application – Form is editable.
Download the Age Guidelines for Tool Usage
Scouts should always follow The Guide to Safe Scouting when working on their project.
2019 Scouts BSA Special Transition Rules
National Eagle Scout Association nesa.org
For any advancement questions in the council, contact Kellye Williams, email@example.com, 813-766-4843.
1) Eagle Scout Candidates should scan and email the following to Christine Chansley at Christine.Chansley@scouting.org and CC their unit Committee Chair or Advancement Chair:
-Their rank application
-Their ambition statement
-The Eagle Project Workbook contact information page
-The Eagle Project Workbook Proposal signature page
-The Eagle Project Workbook Report signature page
2) Letters of recommendation do not need to go to Christine. The unit Committee or Advancement Chair should hold onto them until the BOR.
3) The unit Committee or Advancement Chair should also have a digital copy of the Scout’s entire Eagle Project Workbook to share with the board.
4) Once verified, Christine will email the packet to the District Advancement/Eagle Chair, who will arrange the BOR.
5) Please remember that lower ranks do not need approval for a videoconference BOR, but Eagle BORs do. District Advancement/Eagle Chairs should contact Kellye Keough Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org for an authorization statement for the file. More information on teleconference BORs can be found in The Guide to Advancement (184.108.40.206).
6) Once the board has been held, the Board Chair should scan the rank application again with the additional signatures (digital is acceptable) and forward back to Christine.
7) Finally, mail the hard copy of the rank application with signatures to:
Greater Tampa Bay Area Council
13228 N Central Ave
Tampa FL 33612
For more information feel free to contact Christine or Kellye.