BSA FLORIDA SEA BASE NATIONAL HIGH ADVENTURE BASE
WE ARE LOOKING AT A POSSIBLE COUNCIL CONTINGENT TO SEA BASE FOR SUMMER 2023. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW AND CONTACT US TO BE ON THE INTEREST LIST.
Join us for our council’s first-ever contingent to Sea Base. We will be taking three crews of 8 (24 total) on the Coral Reef Sailing Adventure from May 27th – June 3, 2023. Check out what Sea Base has to say about this adventure:
Location: Islamorada, FL
Crew Size: 6-8
Length of Adventure: 7 days, 6 nights
Your home for a week will be on a large sailing vessel over 40 feet long. During the adventure, you will be sailing the Florida Keys and have the chance to snorkel some of the most beautiful reefs in the Keys and part of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary.
You will also have the opportunity to study astronomy, navigation, fish identification, and coral reef ecology. So join us for the Coral Reef Sailing Adventure, sharpen your navigational skills and enjoy snorkeling and fishing all in one package. Crew size 6-8.
This is a six-night, seven-day adventure.
- March 1 @ 7 pm: Zoom Meet and Greet
- March 25 @ Service Center: Welcome to Sea Base/Basics
- Learn to sail (introduction to sail boating) and an overview on how to live on a sailboat for a week
- April 8 @ Apollo Beach – Sailing: A Day of hands on sailing,
- May 13 @ Service Center or Camp Soule: Ready, set, let’s get ready for our trip!
Contact one of the following for more information:
Council High Adventure Committee Chair – Greg Papandrew (727) 480-7045
Council High Adventure Staff Adviser – Matthew Hall (813) 557-3866