Coronavirus Update January 21, 2021
Greater Tampa Bay Area Council
Boy Scouts of America
Roadmap to Program Resumption
Update # 10
The Council COVID-19 Response Committee met virtually again on January 12, 2021 to review the current situation within the Council and to make necessary adjustments to the Council’s posture during this continued pandemic. Existing infection trends across the Council’s counties and national, state, and regional lessons learned were considered. We remain convinced that our prudent way forward best serves our Scouts, Leaders, and their families. Thanks to the diligent efforts of all participants, we are continuing to offer safe program opportunities for the youth of the Greater Tampa Bay Area.
The Committee believes that the current science requires adjustments in our way forward.
Effective upon release of this document the following changes to the Council Roadmap will take effect:
- The BSA Pre-Event Medical Screening Checklist will be modified as follows:
- The first question is changed to read: Has the participant been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 in the last 5 days?
- Camp Dining Facilities (less the kitchens) will be opened for unit use. All Council COVID Mitigation Procedures must be followed. The following capacity rules must be followed:
- Camp Soule (Ed Schatzman Training Center): 120 persons
- Flaming Arrow Scout Reservation (Wood Hall): 200 persons
- Sand Hill Scout Reservation (Dining Hall): 250 persons
The Committee continues to monitor the current situation daily and will reconsider existing guidelines at its February 2021 meeting. Until then it is important to note our Roadmap forward remains fluid and subject to change dependent upon exigent circumstances. As always, we will provide updates as they occur.
Please be assured that the safety of all our Scouting Family is our primary concern.