Powder Horn is an amazing, out-of-the-box, mind-expanding course that introduces and exposes Venturing and Boy Scouting youth and adult leaders to the activities and resources necessary to operate a successful outdoor, high adventure unit-level program. Based on the eight core requirements and eighteen electives of the Venturing Ranger program, Powder Horn helps adult leaders step outside and beyond the typical Scouting program to find and use resources to conduct unit-level high adventure programs.
The program includes these highlighted events (subject to change):
Instead of qualifying you as a trainer or an expert, Powder Horn will give you tremendous resources so your youth can enjoy an exciting, high adventure program. And all these resources and experiences are presented in an amazingly fun environment by experts in their fields.
Our next Powder Horn course is scheduled for Nov. 10-12, 2017.
For YOUTH and ADULT leaders—the perfect family course!
Powder Horn Requirements:
- Must be a registered BSA adult, Boy Scout at least 14 years old, or a member of a Venturing Crew.
- Youth must have unit leader approval and have completed either Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) or Crews (ILSC) OR National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT)
- Adults must be trained for their position
- All participants must complete the following training: Venturing Youth Protection (only the Venturing version will be accepted).
- Hazardous Weather
- Safety Afloat
- Safe Swim Defense
- Climb on Safely
- Meet the requirements in the Annual Health and Medical Record physical in a back country environment
- Each registrant must complete the BSA Annual Health & Medical Record, Parts A-C.
- Dates: Nov. 10 (8 a.m.)—Nov. 12 (5 p.m.), 2017
- Cost: $150.00 per participant
- Click here for the event flyer (coming soon)
- Online registration will be available closer to the event
- Want to register today? Use this form, and bring it or mail it to the Council Service Center
For more information or to volunteer as a module instructor, please contact Mike Rudman, Course Director, at email@example.com, or by phone, 757-574-5716.