Outstanding Unit Award
For 2017, the Greater Tampa Bay Area Council has created an Outstanding Unit Award to recognize excellence in unit operations. Units who have achieved this recognition will save 15% on registration fees at all Council camps in 2017 by completing the three items below:
1) During the prior year (2016)
- Contribute at least $50 per registered Scout to the Council Friends of Scouting campaign
Do at least one of the following:
- Sell popcorn resulting in net sales as a unit
- Sell Camp Cards resulting in net sales as a unit
- Send a Unit Leader to the Family Friends of Scouting Rally at Busch Gardens on November 19
2) Submit your completed 2017 Unit Recharter and Scouting’s Journey to Excellence scorecard on time
3) Achieve at least 80% of unit leaders as Trained at the time of submission of your 2017 Unit Recharter according to the MyScouting training database
Your unit will receive a 15% discount* on all fees (adult and youth) for all Council and Unit Level program activities at all Greater Tampa Bay Area Council camps throughout 2017!
* The Outstanding Unit discount is available for unit members as event participants only, not event staff.
* Discount applies only when registering and participating as a unit at council program events and for unit-level camp usage fees at GTBAC camps.
* Discount applies to all registration fees for unit-participating adults, youth and siblings, but not to any program fees or equipment rental fees.
* Units registering late for an event do not qualify for the Discount.
* Contact the Council’s Training Chair, Earl Richardson, email@example.com or (813) 677-6806, for any questions.
View the 2017 Outstanding Unit Award Flyer.