Scouting means more than just camping and hiking. Scouting serves as a moral compass for our youth. It helps them develop strong values and the ability to face every situation they may encounter in life. Your gift to the annual Friends of Scouting campaign enables the Council to continue providing an outstanding program to 31,000 youth in the nine counties included in the Greater Tampa Bay Area Council. Through your support, our children, families, and communities are stronger and better prepared for the future.
Click HERE if you would like to make a pledge or payment on an existing pledge.
Levels of Giving
Golden Eagle $1,000 or more
President’s Club $2,500 or more
Every gift helps, regardless of size!
The Council’s annual operating budget for 2017 is $4.4 million. Friends of Scouting is the single largest source of income. More than 80% of all revenue generated goes directly to program support or organizing and servicing units and providing facilities and programs for the benefit of our Scouts. Friends Of Scouting is the most critical component of the Council’s annual budget
For more information contact Nina Wolfson, Fundraising Assistant, at the Tampa Service Center, by email or phone, (813) 872-2691 ext. 109.
Does your company offer a matching gift program? Many companies will make contributions to a not-for-profit organization as a match for employee volunteer hours or financial support. Ask your Human Resources Department today! It’s a great way to double or even triple your gift to Scouting.
Benefits of a Friends of Scouting presentation:
- 2017 FOS shoulder strip for those who contribute at the family level of $234
- Fulfilling a requirement to achieve the 2017 Outstanding Unit Award
Outstanding Unit Award
What is the Outstanding Unit Award? It is the Council’s recognition award for those units that distinguish themselves with Council Friends of Scouting support, on-time rechartering and ensuring that 80% or more of their adult leaders are fully trained. Here are the requirements to earn the 2017 Outstanding Unit Award:
Unit contributions must average at least $50 per registered Scout to the Council Friends of Scouting campaign.
– – – – – – AND – – – – – –
- Do at least one of the following:
- Sell popcorn resulting in net sales as a unit
- Sell Camp Cards resulting in net sales as a unit
- Send a Unit Leader to the Family Friends of Scouting Rally at Busch Gardens on November 19, 2016
2. Submit your completed 2017 Unit Recharter and Scouting’s Journey to Excellence scorecard on time.
3. Achieve at least 80% of unit leaders as Trained at the time of submission of your 2017 Unit Recharter according to the MyScouting training database.
Your unit will then receive the 2017 Outstanding Unit Award, which entitles you to receive a 15% discount* on all fees (adult and youth) for all Council and Unit Level program activities at all Greater Tampa Bay Area Council camps throughout 2017.
* The Outstanding Unit discount is available for unit members as event participants only, not event staff participants.
* The Discount applies only when registering and participating as a unit at Council Program events and for Unit Level camp usage fees at GTBAC camps.
* The Discount applies to all registration fees for unit-participating adults, youth and siblings, but not to any program fees or equipment rental fees.
* Units registering late for an event do not qualify for the Discount.
* Contact GTBAC Training Chair, Earl Richardson, by email or phone (813) 677-6806 with any questions.